5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | October 26, 2012October 26th, 2012 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. Energy drinks are making news again and it’s not good news. The federal government’s trying to find out if Monster Drinks are connected to five people dying. Here in New Mexico the Poison Control Center has gotten 40 calls this year about people who drank energy drinks who were teens even younger than than concerned about their health. These drinks can have seven times the amount of caffeine than a cup of coffee.
4. An update on the Air Force Security Police Officer who got shot in the stomach early yesterday morning. We still don’t know his name, but he’s 31 years old and a Tech Sergeant at Kirtland. Police say he got shot with his own gun after he says he saw four suspicious people. The sergeant has had surgery and will recover.
3. In jail. The man investigators say started the “Roatcap Fire” in Southern Colorado could be charged later today. They’re not saying much about the man. The fires have already burned 400 acres and is 70% contained. All the people who were evacuated because of it are back home now.
2. Call it the storm of the century. The perfect storm being called “Frankenstorm” does not look good for New England. This is because Hurricane Sandy is set to mix with another storm and wreak havoc on the Northeast sometime early next week with lots of rain, snow, wind and flooding.
1. Grab that jacket today. Today will be mostly sunny with highs in the 50s to lower 60s. Tonight will be mostly clear with lows in the mid 20s to lower 30s.