5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | October 24, 2012October 24th, 2012 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. More jobs and a new place for you to shop! J. Crew opens today in ABQ Uptown – where borders used to be. It’s an upscale store that sells preppy style clothes for men and women.
4. Two robbers shoot a clerk in the leg at a family dollar store in Albuquerque and now police are still looking for them. The robbers hit the store on Gibson near San Pedro yesterday afternoon. They had on hoodies and dark glasses so police don’t know what they look like.
3. A new fire is burning in New Mexico. The “Midnight Fire” started yesterday outside of Red River and has already burned 250 acres. Forest workers are telling campers need to be ready to evacuate at any time if the fire gets worse.
2. Be extremely careful when you’re out in the Sandia Mountains today. Forest workers have raised the fire threat there to high mostly because it’s so dry. You can still camp and hike mountains.
1. Today will be partly cloudy and breezy with highs in the mid 70s to lower 80s. Tonight will be mostly clear and breezy with lows in the upper 30s to mid 40s.