5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | October 22, 2012October 22nd, 2012 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. Don’t miss the final debate between President Obama and Governor Mitt Romney tonight. We’ll see if the gloves will come off again. They’re in Boca Raton, Florida and this time will focus on foreign policy. Analysts say this debate will have a big effect on the election.
4. It’s now even easier to vote early here in Bernalillo County. From now until the Saturday before the election in November you have 17 different places you can vote early in Bernalillo county. Most of them opened up this weekend and were packed. So far, more than 10-thousand people have voted early and if it stays busy it could easily break a record.
3. Here is your warning! Starting today all three of Santa Fe’s speed vans will be out seven days a week. They will be placed around schools and at night police hope they will cut down speeding and crashes.
2. Firefighters are still keeping an eye on the “Chimney Fire” in the Sandia’s. Right now they have the fire 25 percent contained in a very steep and rugged area. All the trails are open but you can’t use the La Luz and Lisa Peidra parking lots because firefighters are storing their gear there.
1. Today will be mostly sunny with highs in the 70s. Tonight will be mostly clear with lows in the 40s.