The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | October 18, 2012October 18th, 2012 at 6:38 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Later today we should learn more about what investigators are calling a terror plot to blow up The Federal reserve building in new york city.Yesterday they arrested the man they say created the plan and say the building and people were never in any danger.
4) A huge job fair in Albuquerque today where 40 companies are hiring a total of 700 people! These are not just postings but real jobs. Some are seasonal and some are full time. Go check it out at the workforce connection center on mountain road from 10 to 3.
3) Today’s your chance to give the city your two-cents about the Supercenter Walmart wants to build at Coors and Montano on the westside. There’s a big public meeting about this at one at the convention center downtown and it could bring good news for neighbors…because a report is recommending the city reject the Walmart.
2) Today you can expect sunny skies with a high near 76-degrees with a northern wind of 5 to 10 miles-per-hour then becoming northwest at 15 to 20 miles-per-hour by afternoon. Then tonight you can expect clear skies with a low around 36-degrees and a northwest wind of 15 to 20 miles-per-hour then becoming northern at 5 to 10 miles-per-hour after midnight. So a very beautiful day.
1) We’re hoping the wind dies down up in Colorado today where not just one but two wildfires are threatening homes right now. The fires are north and east of Durango have burned 350 acres total and have forced people from about 40 homes.