5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | October 17, 2012October 17th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Today’s your chance learn more about bullying at a big forum this afternoon. It’s from 3:00pm until 4:00pm at the Mountain View Community Center located on Prosperity and Williams Street in Southeast Albuquerque.
4) It looks like the Mayor’s plan to raise ticket prices for the Zoo, in order to raise money to fix it up, is working. We did some checking and found 1% fewer people went to the Zoo last month than they did in September of last year. However, the Zoo made an extra $43,000. Sooner or later the City Council is supposed to vote.
3) The gloves definitely came of last night at the presidential debate. President Obama and Mitt Romney once again clashed on just about everything from Libya to taxes and oil drilling. The two have one more debate on Monday in Florida.
2) Later today we’ll find out what Latino voters think of the two men running for president and for candidates for New Mexico’s open seats in Congress. Political Analysts from all around the country will be at UNM talking about the topic this afternoon. Watch live at 1:00pm with a link on our website.
1) Don’t turn on off the air conditioner just yet! It’s going to be sunny today with a high near 72-degrees and a northwest wind of 5 to 10 miles-per-hour. The winds will increase to 15 to 20 miles-per-hour by the afternoon. Then tonight you can expect clear skies with a chilly low around 46-degrees and a northwest wind 15 to 20 miles-per-hour and then decreasing to 5 to 10 miles-per-hour after midnight.