5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | October 15, 2012October 15th, 2012 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. Alicia Jacquez who we first told you about more than a week ago will undergo intense brain surgery today. Alicia has been fighting epilepsy since she was a baby. The surgery is a first for someone as young as Alicia.
4. Albuquerque City Councilors are expected to decide tonight on what could be a new spice law. If passed business busted for selling the synthetic marijuana will fall under a “three strikes you’re out” rule.
3. What will the prices at the zoo be? That is also on the agenda for city councilors to decide on. Some city councilors insist the mayor, who originally ordered the price hike, over stepped his authority. Admission for adults jumped from $7.00 to $10.00. Kids and seniors went up from $3.00 to $4.50. Mayor RJ Berry says the price hike was necessary for expensive repairs and upgrades.
2. Today will be sunny, with a high near 78. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 45.
1. It’s what everyone is still talking about– Felix Baumgartner’s daring jump from more than 24 miles up. With a world wide audience watching, Baumgartner made the supersonic death-defying plunge from a balloon that took off in Roswell and landed on his feet. He says standing on top of the world made him feel humble and think about getting back alive.