5 Things You Need To Know | October 5, 2012October 5th, 2012 at 6:30 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5) A lot of equipment used to make explosions in a movie is now missing. It was stolen from a movie set in Santa Fe and Sheriff’s Deputies say a lot of propane bottles, burners, copper tubing and more all went missing. This is from Mark Walhberg’s new movie called “The Lone Survivior” which is based on a real-life story.
4) The man who shot into a house in Clovis back in 2005, is finally caught after being on the run and back behind bars. Killed was 10-year-old boy, Carlos Perez. He was caught in Chihuahua City four years after he escaped from the Curry County Detention Center. The man, Edward Salas is now waiting to get extradicted to the U.S. and he already faces 56-years in prison for Carlos Perez’s death.
3) You’ll probably see a lot of hot air balloons all around Albuquerque today as apart of the Annual Balloon Aloft Event. That’s where pilots take their balloons to schools around the Albuquerque area and can elected to either fly or just inflate their balloon as they teach kids about ballooning!
2) Balloon Fiesta starts tomorrow and if you’re going for the Mass Ascension get there early. Don’t forget you can take Park and Ride. For more all of the information that you need, just go to our homepage and “click” on the “2012 Balloon Fiesta: Live Coverage” tab!
1) Finally, today’s weather looks gorgeous. We’re getting off to a sunny start to the weekend with a high near 84-degrees during the day with a slight wind of only 5 to 15 miles-per-hour.
Then tonight, the skies will change to partly cloudy with a low around 50-degrees and a western wind of 5 to 15 miles-per-hour.
Look out for a storm system next week, which could bring us more moisture.