5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | September 17, 2012September 17th, 2012 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. AAA says gas prices have risen five cents just in the past week. The current average price of per gallon is $3.87, which is up 16-cents from August. In New Mexico the average is $3.69. AAA says a number of factors have led to the rise including tensions in the middle east, refinery shutdowns due to hurricane Isaac and upgrades.
4. The amber alert for a 15-year-old girl last seen in T or C is over this morning. State police say Safrina Ugsang and her sister, Vanessa have been located. Officials say around 1am Sunday morning they spotted the Lincoln Town Car driven by their father at the border patrol checkpoint between Deming and Hatch. Officers took both girls into custody and say they are in good condition.
3. Space Shuttle “Endeavour’s” flight on a Boeing 747 has been delayed due to bad weather. It was supposed to take off today, but bad weather forced NASA to delay that until tomorrow. But it is still scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles by Thursday. The shuttle is set to fly over the White Sands Missile Range and Las Cruces on Wednesday around 11am. No word yet if that will change.
2. Today will be mostly sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs will be in the 80s with Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear and breezy with lows in the upper 40s to lower 50s.
1. We’ll find out who is moving into the old Schott Solar Plant at Mesa del Sol. Last week, the company told us they will sell its lease to another business. We’re set to find out just who that will be at 10am. We’ll bring you all the details later today.