5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | September 11, 2012September 11th, 2012 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. It looks like it’ll be cheaper for you to take your family to the zoo again soon. Right now it costs adults 10 bucks to get in, but it could go down to 8 if Albuquerque’s City Council gets its way. It should take a final vote on the ticket prices next month.
4. We should find out today if you’ll get to vote on increasing the minimum wage in Albuquerque. A petition wants it to go from $7.50 to $8.50 an hour, but there’s a typo on it. So it ultimately comes down to a judge.
3. Today we will have isolated showers and thunderstorms. it will be partly sunny, with a high near 88. the chance of precipitation is 20%. tonight we will have scattered showers and thunderstorms with mostly cloudy skies, with a low around 61. chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Police are searching for Zachary Green who escaped from a holding cell from a police station in Los Lunas Yesterday and hasn’t been seen since. They say the cell’s lock was broken and that is how he escaped. Green’s wanted in connection with a couple of armed robberies.
1. Families whose loved ones died in the 9/11 terror attacks will gather today at New York City’s ground zero, the Pentagon and near Shanksville, Pennsylvania to mark the 11th anniversary of the tragedy. For the first time at Ground Zero, elected officials won’t be speaking during the commemoration, although they could still attend.