The CBS Buzz Tour bus and KRQE News 13 will be at Coronado Mall Wednesday from 7:00am – noon.
Join CBS reality star veteran Alex Boylan (winner of the second season of “The Amazing Race”), KRQE News 13 Morning Team: Matt Mauro, Elizabeth Alvarez, Kristen Van Dyke along with The Face of 2 KASA FOX, Elias Gallegos, and New Mexico Style Host Nikki Stanzione – to assist Joy Junction, a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to helping homeless men, women and children in Albuquerque.
There will also be food samplings from Cinnabon and Fuddruckers and an array of giveaways including mall gift certificates, tshirts, coupons and more.
If you didn’t catch News 13 New This Morning, you missed a lot. We’d love for you to share your thoughts and opinions with us continue the conversation all day long.
Here’s a quick summary of some of what we talked about today:
Job fairs in Abq
Balloon Fiesta fight food
Angel Fire zipline
If you need a job in Albuquerque – read this! A number of jobs fairs are happening in and around the city in the next few days. The first is today, where T-Mobile is hiring at least 90 workers at its Jefferson call center from 9am to 3pm. For information on other job fairs this week, click here.
The Balloon Fiesta food fight is not over yet. Yesterday the fiesta’s organizers and the vendors extended the deadline for another four days. The Balloon Fiesta has hired an outside company to oversee the vendors and it wants to charge them 30 percent of everything they make and promises to make food safer. The vendors say paying that much money will force them out of business.
Have you tried the new zip line in Angel Fire? It covers 10,000 feet and is a ton of fun! Check it out here.
Don’t miss News 13 New This Morning every weekday morning from 4:30 to 7. We value your thoughts and opinions on our stories and want you to be part of the conversation we have every morning!
5. Have you driven North on I-25, just past the Big-I recently and noticed how close the right lane is to the wall? A lot of drivers think it’s a safety hazard but the state says it’s just fine. All the construction from that new lane that goes from Commanche up to Jefferson should be done this week.
4. Don’t drink and drive. That’s the message Albuquerque Police hope you get with a new video. It’s of a DWI checkpoint and shows the whole process of someone getting stopped doing a field sobriety test and getting arrested.
3. Today will be partly cloudy with highs in the 90s. South winds will pick up 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows will be in the 60s with South winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening.
2. Need a job? T-Mobile is having a big job fair today from 9am to 3pm at its call center on Jefferson. It’s looking to hire at least 90 full time jobs with benefits. Plus, there’s a job fair tomorrow afternoon at Independence High School in Rio Rancho and a job fair for veterans Thursday at the South Valley Multi-Purpose Center.
1. We still don’t know who’ll be cooking the food for this year’s Balloon Fiesta because vendors and the fiesta don’t have a new contract just yet. They were supposed to yesterday, but pushed the deadline back four days. Balloon fiesta wants vendors to pay 30% percent of everything they make so the organizers can make sure the food’s safer, but the vendors say that’s too much money and will drive them out of business.