5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 31, 2012July 31st, 2012 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. Have you driven North on I-25, just past the Big-I recently and noticed how close the right lane is to the wall? A lot of drivers think it’s a safety hazard but the state says it’s just fine. All the construction from that new lane that goes from Commanche up to Jefferson should be done this week.
4. Don’t drink and drive. That’s the message Albuquerque Police hope you get with a new video. It’s of a DWI checkpoint and shows the whole process of someone getting stopped doing a field sobriety test and getting arrested.
3. Today will be partly cloudy with highs in the 90s. South winds will pick up 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows will be in the 60s with South winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening.
2. Need a job? T-Mobile is having a big job fair today from 9am to 3pm at its call center on Jefferson. It’s looking to hire at least 90 full time jobs with benefits. Plus, there’s a job fair tomorrow afternoon at Independence High School in Rio Rancho and a job fair for veterans Thursday at the South Valley Multi-Purpose Center.
1. We still don’t know who’ll be cooking the food for this year’s Balloon Fiesta because vendors and the fiesta don’t have a new contract just yet. They were supposed to yesterday, but pushed the deadline back four days. Balloon fiesta wants vendors to pay 30% percent of everything they make so the organizers can make sure the food’s safer, but the vendors say that’s too much money and will drive them out of business.