5. People are still talking about it, and in case you missed it– the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld most of the Affordable Health Care Act, better known as the healthcare law. President Obama is happy with the decision, but his opponent on the ballot this November, Mitt Romney, is not, saying that if he’s elected, he’ll repeal the law.
4. President Obama will be just north of us later today, to take a look at all the fires and the damage they’ve done in Colorado. The Waldo Canyon fire is one of the worst. It’s already destroyed about 350 homes, and forced more than 35,000 people out of their homes. It is just 15-percent contained this morning.
3. Bad news for Albuquerque this morning. Schott Solar is set to close its operations here by the end of the summer, and that means 250 people will lose their jobs, some starting today.
2. Today will be partly cloudy, with isolated thunderstorms. Little or no rain in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds in the afternoon. Highs 95 to 100. Tonight, partly cloudy, with isolated thunderstorms, with little or no rain in the evening. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds in the evening. Lows in the mid 60s to lower 70s.
1. Heads up, a lot of changes are headed to the bosque today. Here in Albuquerque and Bernalillo county, the bosque will stay open, but you can only go on the paved paths, and levee roads. In Socorro, Valencia, and Sandoval counties, the bosque will be completely closed starting at 8:00 AM this morning. This is all because it’s extremely dry and firefighters want to prevent more fires.