Thursday’s Five Things To Know Before 5April 19th, 2012 at 3:41 pm by Bill Diven under 5 Things
Celebrate Earth, turn water to juice, a commuter snarl continues and more in Thursday’s Five Things To Know Before 5.
5. Think you’d be a decent docent? The Albuquerque Museum is looking for volunteer docents to help visitors and lead tours. For information on requirements, training and duties call the museum at (505) 243-7255.
4. All the presidential political hoorah over the coming months ends not with millions of voters but with one candidate collecting 270 votes in the Electoral College. See where New Mexico and other states stand today and as analyses change during the campaign in “The Road to 270” in KRQE.com onpolitix.
3. Sunday is Earth Day, so look for related events all weekend. The Albuquerque BioPark is celebrating on Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. with special events at the Zoo, Botanic Garden, Tingley Beach and Aquarium. Download a schedule (KRQE.com PDF) or click here>>
2. Commuters to northern Rio Rancho can expect extra delays getting through Bernalillo for the third afternoon. At last report U.S. 550 was still down to one lane each way past the broken water main just west of Camino del Pueblo. And it may still be that way in the morning.
1. One public agency thinks it’s found a way to make money and electricity from its water. Reporter Kim Holland goes with the flow on KRQE News 13 at 10 p.m.
What’s happening tonight: KRQE 13 and 2 KASA Fox TV programming schedules
What’s coming up: KRQE.com Community Events Calendar