Wednesday’s Five Things To Know Before 5April 18th, 2012 at 3:50 pm by Bill Diven under 5 Things
The Duke City celebrates its 306th, America’s oldest teenager dies, what’s up with gas prices and more in Wednesday’s Five Things To Know Before 5.
5. Expect days of musical and heartfelt tributes to the memory of Dick Clark, the venerable rock ‘n’ roll and New Year’s Eve host who died today at 82.
4. Albuquerque is looking pretty good for being 306 years old. Help celebrate the birthday Saturday afternoon in Old Town with food, music, Chautauqua performances and a costume contest. Details here>>
3. Gas prices seem as unstable as New Mexico’s spring weather. Find out why in a KRQE.com interactive Q&A>>
2. Poor Sunland Park is still trying to pick a mayor after the various lap-dance, extortion, vote-fraud, kickback and hooker scandals. City councilors try again tonight, and KRQE News 13 will have the results at 10 p.m.
1. At last word U.S. 550 through Bernalillo was still down to one lane westbound as repairs to a water main and damaged pavement continue. Yesterday commute traffic headed to Rio Rancho backed up on both the I-25 northbound and southbound exit ramps to U.S. 55O. So, if you’re headed that way, be prepared for slow going until you’re almost to the Rio Grande.
What’s happening tonight: KRQE 13 and 2 KASA Fox TV programming schedules
What’s coming up: KRQE.com Community Events Calendar