Friday’s Five Things To Know Before 5April 13th, 2012 at 3:56 pm by Bill Diven under 5 Things
Baseball returns, a sinking anniversary, hot cars and more in Friday’s Five Things To Know Before 5.
5. Just in case you somehow missed it, this weekend is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic on its maiden voyage with a loss of 1,500 lives. The ship was about 1,000 miles northeast of New York City when it hit the iceberg at 11:40 p.m. local time on Saturday and sank in just under three hours.
4. In another sign spring is here pro baseball returns tonight with the home opener for the Albuquerque Isotopes, the first of eight home games against the Omaha Storm Chasers and the Iowa Cubs. First pitch at 7:05 p.m.
3. The Albuquerque International Auto Show began at noon today and wraps up Sunday evening. It’s at the Albuquerque Convention Center, and you can see images of what to expect in this KRQE.com photo gallery>>
2. Next time you’re at the Albuquerque Sunport take a few minutes to check out the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History collection of early 1900s photographs. The 26 prints are from the Cobb family’s studio and were taken on glass-plate negatives discovered at an storage company in the 1960s and bought by the museum last year. The exhibition is up through June 11 on the first level inside the parking garage.
1. Never underestimate the creativity of prison inmates when it comes to smuggling contraband. Reporter Katie Kim explains why some inmates are smoking their mail on KRQE News 13 at 10 p.m.
What’s happening tonight: KRQE 13 and 2 KASA Fox TV programming schedules
What’s coming up: KRQE.com Community Events Calendar