Thursday’s Five Things To Know Before 5April 12th, 2012 at 4:01 pm by Bill Diven under 5 Things
Sleep with fishes, win snacks, a follow-up investigation and more in Thursday’s Five Things To Know Before 5.
5. Sleep with the fishes? Spend an overnight at the Albuquerque Aquarium and learn about ocean animals and their nighttime behavior. Cost is $30 in advance; bring pillow, sleeping back and jammies. Call (505) 848-7180 for more information.
4. Organizations from sports teams to church groups serving New Mexico youth can register for a chance to win snacks for a year for meetings and events. Three organizations will be chosen for Snack Relief Program sponsored by Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse. Details on the Shamrock website>>
3. If you’re ready for a new or additional pet, city of Albuquerque Animal Welfare is holding two pet adoptions from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday: all pets at Petsmart, 350 Eubank SE, and pit bull adoptions at 10248 Coors Bypass NW (Lucky Paws van in the parking lot; $10 off adoption fee this location only).
2. It’s dry, windy and scary when fire starts like it did yesterday near Silver City. Firefighters contained that one at near 900 acres with no structures lost of injuries reported. Be careful out there. Online from KRQE News 13: Fire coverage, official updates and preparedness resources in the KRQE.com Wildfires section.
1. State Rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton already has been the subject of a KRQE News 13 Larry Barker investigation into more than 650 days of unauthorized paid leave she received from the Albuquerque Public Schools while serving in the Legislature. Now On Assignment reporter Tim Maestas follows up with newly uncovered evidence she tried to paper over her tracks after the fact in a follow-up investigation on KRQE News 13 at 10 p.m.
What’s happening tonight: KRQE 13 and 2 KASA Fox TV programming schedules
What’s coming up: KRQE.com Community Events Calendar