Friday’s Five Things To Know Before 5April 6th, 2012 at 4:05 pm by Bill Diven under 5 Things
Spring color, happy animals, a gambling queen, a somber anniversary and more in Friday’s Five Things To Know Before 5.
5. For peace and color this weekend and the rest of the month visit the Spring Pastels Flower Show at the ABQ BioPark Botanic Garden. Nearly 100 pots brimming with blue, pink and red hydrangeas are on display daily, and the outdoor gardens are also popping with spring color from red and yellow tulips lining the walkways, wisteria, redbuds and blooming apple trees.
4. Santa Fe’s gambling queen Doña Tules comes alive Wednesday in a Chautauqua performance by Van Ann Moore. The free event begins at 7 p.m. at the KiMo Theater in downtown Albuquerque and will be followed by a meet and greet with the artist.
3. Instead of an Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning many of the larger animals at the Rio Grande Zoo will be given “enrichment items” that provide entertainment and snacks. The fun begins at 9 a.m., wraps up by 11 a.m., and is included in regular zoo admission.
2. An Albuquerque family says a daycare center left their little girl at a city park and never realized she was missing. Reporter Katie Kim looks into what happened on KRQE News 13 at 10 p.m.
1. Albuquerque notes a somber anniversary Saturday with a 1 p.m. ceremony marking the 70th anniversary of the surrender of U.S. troops including about 2,000 New Mexico National Guardsmen in the Philippines during War II. The ceremony at Bataan Memorial Park at Lomas and Carlisle NE begins at 1 p.m. Hundreds of the New Mexicans died in combat or during the notorious Bataan Death March and years of imprisonment.
What’s happening tonight: KRQE 13 and 2 KASA Fox TV programming schedules
What’s coming up: KRQE.com Community Events Calendar