Wednesday’s top 5 at FiveMarch 14th, 2012 at 3:53 pm by KRQE News 13 Webdesk under News
1. End of an era; the encyclopedia Britannica will no longer print editions. The big books have been a reference in people’s homes for more than 200 years but sales have plummeted and from now on the encyclopedia will only be available online. Britannica’s 2010′s 32-volume set will be its last.
2. Bernalillo County’s website receives another “A” grade and a national award for being one of the most transparent government websites in the nation. This is the second year in a row that Bernalillo County has earned an A from the Sunshine Review. The public can access financial and other information by visiting www.bernco.gov
3. In celebration of Wildfire Awareness Weeks in New Mexico (March 25 – April 7), the public is invited to join local firefighters in raising awareness about wildland fire and having some fun in the sun with the first annual 5k Wildland Firefighter Fun Run/Walk. Participants will gather at the west end of the parking lot at the National Hispanic Cultural Center and run or walk along the Bosque path. There will be wildfire preparedness booths with Smokey Bear and Sparky the Fire Dog available for photo opportunities. http://www.wffoundation.org/Index.asp
4. Lobo Madness: Van Tate’s got more on the UNM Lobo Men’s Basketball team than you can image. Watch tonight for a his a special Lobo Pre-Game Show on 2KASA FOX at 9:30 p.m.
5. President Obama has filled out his NCAA bracket and he’s showing the Lobos some love. The president picked the UNC to win it all beating Kentucky in the title game. In 2009 President Obama correctly picked North Carolina to win the championship. This year Ohio State and Missouri round out the president’s final four. In the sweet 16, Obama is picking two Cinderella teams – number 5 seed UNM Lobos and number 11 seed North Carolina State.