5 Things You Need to Know: January 10, 2012January 10th, 2012 at 7:36 am by jasongilbear under Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. Today: Sunny with highs in the mid 40s to lower 50s. There will be northwest winds 10 to 15 MPH in the afternoon. Tonight: Mostly clear with the lows in the 20s.
4. With gas prices going up, we want to save you money. Check out our website KRQE.com. We have a link on our homepage that shows the cheapest gas prices in your area. We also went around town yesterday and found gas as low as $2.68 a gallon at Yale and Avenida Cesar Chavez.
3. If you get an e-mail from American Airlines looking for your personal info…don’t respond because the airline’s been hacked and some cons are trying to rip you off. The airline has posted on its website several examples of fake emails. Cons are sending you a receipt from an airline ticket you supposedly bought. It shows your name and an invitation to redeem bonus miles. Just ignore it. Don’t click on any links or open attachments.
2. Is superstar Johnny Depp in New Mexico? Maybe. There are a lot of rumors flying around that he’s been seen up near Farmington. And it makes sense, he’s getting ready to shoot the Lone Ranger here. His people aren’t saying if it’s true and neither is the company making the money…but if you see him…snap a pic and send it to us!
1. And at number one is quarterback Tim Tebow. You’ve probably heard a lot about the Denver Broncos quarterback who’s quite the religious guy…but get this…in his big win over Pittsburgh Sunday…he threw for 316 yards. The Associated Press is reporting he averaged 31.6 yards a throw too. That number has a huge religious significance…going to the bible verse…John 3:16.